Welcome to the Fever River Railroad
Stephenson Society of Model Trainsmen
The Fever River Railroad is a model railroad club located in Freeport, Illinois owned and operated
by the Stephenson Society of Model Trainmen, a non-profit organization incorporated in the State of
Illinois. We have built a large, permanent HO scale model railroad layout in our clubhouse which
was a boarding house for the Illinois Central Railroad Iowa Division. Our layout size is 120'-by-24'
including a staging yard with a helix for continuous operation.
- Thank you to all who attended the spring open house. The weekend attendance was one of the highest we have had in a
couple of years! We hope to see you at the next open house.
- Donít forget to come and see us at the following shows:
- Rockford Train show held at Jefferson High School on March 23 and 24.
- Quad Cities Model Railroad show train show held in Davenport IA on Sat April 6.
- Classics and Chrome show in Loves Park on April 20 and 21
Club open houses are in the spring and fall and open to the public. We also operate our modular layout at a variety of train
shows in the area throughout the year. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Visitors are welcome anytime we are at the clubhouse. We also will give tours for large groups if planned in advance.
Feel free to contact us to arrange for an appointment or tour.
We generally are at the clubhouse every Wednesday evening after 6:30 p.m. and every Saturday morning after 9:00 a.m.